The International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR) invites the submission of abstracts of papers and proposals for multi-paper sessions (the online conference equivalent of a panel in a face to face conference) for IAMCR 2021, which will be held from 11 to 15 July, 2021. IAMCR 2021 will be held online with a regional hub in Nairobi, Kenya.
The deadline for submission is 9 February 2021 at 23.59 UTC.
The main theme of IAMCR 2021, Rethinking borders and boundaries: Beyond the global/local dichotomy in communication studies, is concerned with how changes in communication theory and practice are challenging our understanding of global and local, creating new identities and discourses, and enabling a hybrid glocalisation, with both positive and negative consequences.
- The rebirth of populist discourses;
- Activism and the new global social justice movements;
- Trends in global media ecosystems;
- Identity: Gender, class, ethnicity, religion, sexuality;
- Communication for development in health, climate change and education.
More information here