The Institute of Media and Journalism invites applications for 1 fully-funded PhD position (4 years). The position will be supervised by Prof. Colin Porlezza, who is leading the Chair of digital journalism within IMeG. The PhD candidate will develop his or her dissertation project preferably within the field of journalism, datafication and artificial intelligence.
Workplace is USI Università della Svizzera italiana, located in Lugano, Switzerland.
Starting date is ideally February 2021. However, the position will be kept open until a suitable candidate has been found. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an online interview.
Please send your application in electronic form as a single pdf file in the following order:
- a cover letter, including a description of your research
interests and an explanation why you are applying for this position,
- a proposal outlining your PhD project, including a research question, theoretical approach, methodology, and the potential contribution to the existing state of the art (max. 1000 words)
- a complete CV,
- copies of certificates and official transcripts of your Master’s degree
- an electronic copy of a research work (Master thesis or another scientific publication), and
- the names, affiliations, and email addresses of two academic references.
For further information about the position please contact Prof. Colin Porlezza at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications received before December 6 th , 2020, will be given priority.
More information in the attached call